This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerIsForSavings #CollectiveBias #WFM1
This summer has been a busy fun one for us here. As of today, we already traveled close to 3000 miles in road trips, and we are not even done!
We’ve been to DC, Blog conference in Orlando and a couple of beach trip. Travel is fun but also can get very expensive. However, if you play your cards right and plan ahead, you can have fun and still stay on budget. Like my Friend would say you can be a baller on a budget.
1. Make sure your phone plan can handle your vacation
I remember one time my family went away on vacation and when we got back my phone bill was in the vicinity of $400 I cried! That was also when I decide to make better choices when it comes to my data plan.
Way before I left for my trip, I stopped by Walmart to grab a few essential which included this new LG L59 – Grace on the Walmart Family Mobile.
I also upgraded my plan to the $49.88 PLUS Plan which provides me with Unlimited Talk, Text & Data, up to 15 GB of 4G LTE† data, then 2G*.
Like that, there’s no surprise when I get home, I know my bill will stay the same. I can budget this amount to the TEE.
And I won’t be running out of data, I can google ALL the things, post ALL the things and live stream my experience to my heart content!
All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this page or your local Walmart for current pricing.
When you’re on vacation, you need your phone for almost everything.
I know I do!
I need my phone for the GPS navigation, research restaurants, find things to do, entertain the kids on long drives. You name it! My phone is my virtual assistant, it can help you save so much money if you know what to do.
2. Plan ahead for everything, map your activities
On the navigation, you can add stops. Just what you need like “Gas stations” and Google map will list all the gas station along the way with prices. You can pick the cheapest one and add a stop.
Some states have cheaper gas when you plan ahead you make sure you’re always getting maximum bang for your buck. You can easily budget how much you will pay for gas. It will make a HUGE difference.
3. Use your phone to research the area for free things to do
I was able to schedule Museum tours, locate historic monuments and buildings, take pictures and videos.
You may not be thinking what did we do for lunch? Brings me to my next tip.
4. Use your phone to do Meal planning on vacation
Way before we leave for our vacation, even before we pick a hotel, I look for a place that serves breakfast, and looked for grocery stores in the vicinity.
Our suite had a mini kitchen, right from my phone, I was able to locate the closest Walmart I went on a grocery run and grab a few Lunch items and snacks we can pack in our cooler.
On our days in the city, we packed our cooler with everything we need all the way down to our blanket picnic.
By doing a little research and planning I saved on two meals a day. We only eat out for dinner, after all, we are on vacation!
Think about how much I could be spending if we were eating out for all three meals.
I was at BlogHer17 this weekend and still manage to complete the trip without running my budget or exhaust my data plan!
15 GB of 4G LTE † I didn’t run out, I came home knowing my phone is the same!
As a bonus the Walmart Family Mobile $49.88 PLUS Plan offers Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 15GB of 4G LTE† then 2G* plus a free VUDU ◊ movie credit every month ($7 value) per line for $49.88.
- *Please always refer to the latest terms and conditions at myfamilymobile.com.
- †To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM Card. Actual availability, coverage, and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
- ◊Limited time offer. Available for lines active with the PLUS $49.88 plan only. VUDU enabled device and account required for digital viewing. Customers must be 18 years or older to open a VUDU account. Movie rental only available in the USA. Free movie rental provided in the form of a movie rental code to the value of a $7.00 VUDU credit. Must be used within 30 days of receiving code. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 per customer. Additional terms and conditions on VUDU’s website: http://www.vudu.com/termsofservice.html
Sign up for our weekly updates to be delivered right to your inbox, along with our monthly newsletters that offer EXCLUSIVE contents on Faith, lifestyle, and healthy habits.