I can’t imagine parenting daughters was never an easy task, and each generation may have at some point say that theirs is the hardest… They would probably be right. However, I think our generation’s challenges are quite unique and unprecedented.
Social media, internet, the fast pace… All perks I love, but they also amplify all our problems from competition, body image, self-confidence, media portrayal of women and girls make raising confident little girls that much harder.
It is so important to build them up daily and prepare them to face a world design to break them down.
These a few ways I build and encourage my daughters using God’s word.
Identity – Teach them to know who they are!
- You are my daughter,
- you are beautiful,
- you are smart,
- you are a child of God! You are enough!
- You are valuable! You are amazing!
- You are created for a specific purpose.
- You are special! you are not statistics!
Affirmation – Get them grounded in who they are
- You are a mighty woman of God,
- you are a woman of honesty, character, and integrity!
- You are the head and not the tail!
- you are above and not beneath.
- You are blessed in the city and bless in the field. No weapon form against you shall prosper.
- You are a winner, not a loser!
- You are a leader, not a follower!
Sign up for our weekly updates to be delivered right to your inbox, along with our monthly newsletters that offer EXCLUSIVE contents on Faith, lifestyle, and healthy habits.